The Pillar and Ground of the Truth, Which He Purchased With His Own Blood, Inc.
Date: November 9, 2022
To: All Senior Pastors, Youth Officials
Subject: Youth Scholarship Information
Greetings to each of you in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I pray you are in good health. The first semester of the school year is quickly coming to a close in a little over a month. I want to establish a quarterly scholarship newsletter that highlights the accomplishments of our youth and needs the assistance of each local church. Please send in the following information no later than November 22, 2022.
In addition, I would like to bring the following information to the attention of all high school youth.
|High School Juniors||
1. Should be preparing for the ACT/SAT exam
2. Schedule College Tours
3. Sustaining or improving GPA (note: junior year is the last year to make an impact on your GPA for transcripts. This is what colleges use to determine admissions)
|High School Seniors||
1. Should be preparing college applications (most are due in January or early February)
2. Should begin scholarship searches
3. Maintaining or improving course grades (make your final impressions for colleges/ employment)
Last, I would like to schedule a youth zoom night with all youth on Monday, November 28, 2022, at 6 pm CST. This night will be utilized as an open forum to solicit ideas and thoughts from our children to increase participation in our organization and strengthen their faith and walk with God. If any of your youth are interested in participating, don’t hesitate to contact me by November 26, 2022, for the zoom information.
If there are any questions regarding the contents of this letter, please contact me using the information provided below.
Deaconess Telashay Swope-Farr, PhD
Director, Bishop L.L. Harrison Scholarship Fund
Director, Bishop Dr. Faye Moore Bible Quiz